The hipages.com.au team helped connect local trade professionals with over 260,000 Australian home owners in the last year. Find out how they attracted these customers as they share their top six tips to help grow your business.
Tip 1: Get relevant keywords indexed in search engines
Millions of searches are conducted each year in Australia related to the home improvement industry. In fact, around 340,000 visitors find hipages.com.au each month as a result of hundreds of thousands of keywords indexed in search engines.
Here are a few tips to help your business rank in search results:
- Optimise your web page titles: The most important piece of real estate on any web page is the title. So it is important that these titles include keywords relevant to the service you are offering.
- Research relevant keywords for your industry: The Google keyword tool can help with this and use phrase-like words specific to a particular topic (3 or 4 words) as these convert better and are easier to rank for. For e.g. licensed plumber Bondi.
Tip 2: Invest in Search Engine Marketing
hipages.com.au invests in Search Engine Marketing (SEM) to help drive traffic which converts to enquiries for trade professionals.
Here are a few tips to get your SEM started:
- Focus on niche keywords: Use keywords which are relevant to your business but not too common to avoid too much competition.
- Set a daily spend limit: This way you won’t exceed your budget.
- Measure ROI: Install conversion tracking to help you track visits to enquiries.
- Test various ad copy: Through constant trialling and testing you will find what descriptions of your service works best for your business.
- Prevent unnecessary spend: Identify and specify keywords that you don’t want to rank for in search results – these are called negative keywords.
Tip 3: Write articles
- People are continually searching for tips and advice to help with their home improvement projects and renovations. In fact hipages.com.aurecorded over 2 million unique page views of their article section over the last year alone! By writing interesting content, this will portray you as an expert in your industry, and the content will get picked up in search engines to help drive traffic to your site.
Tip 4: Set up a regular e-newsletter
Start sharing your expertise and insights with current and previous customers in the form of an e-newsletter. hipages.com.au shares tips and trends with over 200,000 relevant subscribers each week to keep the site top of mind for their ongoing home improvement needs.
Here are a few tips to get your e-newsletter communication started:
- Get opt ins: Capture email addresses of your existing customers and ask them to agree to receive your e-newsletter.
- Build your own newsletter: It is easy to get started with free programs such as Mail Chimp.
- Share news which add value: Focus on what your customers find helpful so they come to rely on you for advice.
Tip 5: Increase your online presence via social media
Social media is another way for you to connect with potential customers and help them to find you. hipages.com.au regularly engages over 40,000 facebook fans with inspirational photos and advice for their projects.
Here are a few tips to start your own Facebook business profile:
- Start growing your fan base: Promote your Facebook page in your email signature.
- Be active, regular and consistent: Post regularly so you are highly visible to your fans.
- Test and track what works: Record which posts get the most interactions – the more comments you generate the more friends of your fans will see your posts.
Tip 6: Outsource all of this!
If you don’t have the time to do all of this, get an expert to help you. hipages.com.au has a team of 85 people who are constantly working on strategies like these. You can try it for free as they are offering the first 100 BCM For Tradies readers $100 vouchers. Simply SMS 0410 305 807 with ‘BCM $100 voucher’ with your name and the team will call you. Or call 1300 762 994 and quote ‘BCM $100 voucher.’