When it comes to making decisions about the look of a new home or a renovation update, a simple and inexpensive way to ensure the style of a room flows consistently is to select the right cornice. Even the smallest detail can make a difference to the aesthetic harmony of a room and there are plenty of design choices from the more traditional designs to slick, modern lines.
Cornices are the perfect finishing touch, especially when balanced with other interior design features. Gyprock has produced a number of architectural cornice profiles that are designed to provide an attractive finish at the junction of the wall and ceiling.
“The cornices are often overlooked when home owners are planning and designing their rooms, but the right cornice can quickly transform any living space and complete the look of the room,” said Najwa Khoury, Gyprock Marketing Manager.
Gyprock’s cornices can be used on plasterboard, fibrous plaster or cement rendered surfaces. Gyprock’s range includes seven eye-catching designs, including the new Aria, Alto and Trio, to quickly and effectively transform the look of your home. Selecting a style that complements other interior design elements will help to bring the whole space together. The type of cornice selected is largely a matter of personal style; however there are a few key points when deciding on which cornice to use to decorate a home:
– For a contemporary room, select a profile like Alto™Cornice with sleek lines to create the perfect backdrop for bold furnishes to take centre stage;
– To create a bedroom sanctuary to retreat to at the end of the day, select a cornice like the Aria™ with simple clean lines and unobtrusive details;
– Selecting a profile with clean geometric lines like Gyprock’s Trio Cornice adds a modern touch to an art deco style room;
– Define your living space by selecting a modern cornice like Tempo™, for a tasteful space that echoes relaxed modern living;
– To uplift small spaces and create an instant sense of style, select a classically crafted cornice like the Symphony™ profile and fit out the room with timeless furnishings;
– Select a versatile cornice with smooth curves and distinctive lines like Gyprock’s Concerto™, which will look right at home and add depth of character to any interior;
– When aiming for a functional interior, select a profile like Cove Cornice, the standard choice for Australian home builders.
To celebrate the new cornice styles, Gyprock is giving away $6,000 worth of Domayne gift vouchers. By simply sharing their own home style on Pinterest, every month for the next 12 months, one lucky person will receive a $500 gift voucher. For more details on how to be in the running, visit http://www.gyprock.com.au/resources/cornice-competition.
To help home owners visualise what a new cornice will do to a room, Gyprock has developed My Visualiser, a valuable tool to see how different cornice designs transform the look and feel of a living space.
For more information about Gyprock, visit the website at www.gyprock.com.au